psuedo-diy: upcycled heart garland


Remember these from elementary school? How you fold a paper in half, cut out one half of a heart and then when you unfold it you magically have a whole heart? Well, I used the same technique with eco-fi felt to make these ornaments:
You may remember these from my previous Valentine post. I ended up with a lot of the first picture (outlines of hearts) and wanted to do something with them rather than throw them all away.

I've really been on a garland kick lately and so decided that that's what I would do with them. I folded the outlines in half again and cut out very narrow heart outlines. Combined with small white hearts, I laid out a pattern.


Then, I started to sew. You can either sew them horizontally like I did or vertically through the center of the hearts.





Our dog is always wondering what I am up to. Here she is, giving me a plaintive look while I lay out the finished garland.

Because the heart outlines are thin, they don't quite stand up when hung like a garland. See below:


They are still cute; however, I ended up sewing a ribbon on to one of the ends so that the garland can also hang vertically.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “psuedo-diy: upcycled heart garland”

Unknown said...

Thanks for following, Aimee!

Recent Posts