This weekend, I used the rest of my Christmas money to purchase a can of chalkboard paint. I have had ideas for this for a long time but just hadn't had the chance to buy the paint. Unfortunately, a quick search of the Internet and Etsy shows that many people already have lots of products featuring this paint. Oh well, I'll still enjoy it! The above picture shows the final product. I decided to paint the lids because then you can still wash the jar in the dishwasher.
Above are the lids before painting. The picture below it shows the paint: Rustoleum Chalkboard.
|I had to put three coats of the paint on, but it was well worth it.|
|I had the lids on paper towel but in hindsight I should have used a plastic bag. The lids stuck to the paper after I painted them. Oops.|
|The after. I am pleased with the results. Just a few more paint touchups and it will be all set.|
|The collection all together.|