chalkboard paint


This weekend, I used the rest of my Christmas money to purchase a can of chalkboard paint. I have had ideas for this for a long time but just hadn't had the chance to buy the paint. Unfortunately, a quick search of the Internet and Etsy shows that many people already have lots of products featuring this paint. Oh well, I'll still enjoy it! The above picture shows the final product. I decided to paint the lids because then you can still wash the jar in the dishwasher.



Above are the lids before painting. The picture below it shows the paint: Rustoleum Chalkboard.

I had to put three coats of the paint on, but it was well worth it.

I had the lids on paper towel but in hindsight I should have used a plastic bag. The lids stuck to the paper after I painted them. Oops.

The after. I am pleased with the results. Just a few more paint touchups and it will be all set.


The collection all together.
The next on my list to purchase is...chalk! I realized that once I got home from the store that I had forgotten to purchase the chalk to show off the newest "chalkboards". I'll have to post an update later once I have the chalk.

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 8, 2012 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “chalkboard paint”

Amber D said...

LOl your funny! Can't wait to see them with some writting on them.

Suffia said...

Great idea, can't wait to see the end result.

Recent Posts