pincushion idea via pinterest

We had a very busy weekend. I will be writing more posts about the main event this weekend. For now, one small thing that I made that I was very proud of was a pincushion. I had been using a prototype of a stuffed animal that didn't quite work out. I wanted something a little more sophisticated, yet easy to make. Sincerely, Kinsey had made a great one, but I had a hard time finding a tea cup that I liked well enough to make a pincushion out of. As soon as I saw the below pin, I knew that I had found a winner because I could use fabric that I already had.

Source: duitang.com via Emily on Pinterest

A while ago I had bought some hand-printed remnant fabric on Etsy from Maramiki. I loved it and had been toying with ideas of what to make (pillows, box bag, clutch, pencil bag, etc) ever since I purchased it. I decided that part of one of the prints I would use for the pincushion DIY above. Here is my result:

I love how it turned out! If I ever make another one, I will probably use a bigger canning jar/lid to accentuate the big poof on top.

Linked up to...
 It's OVerflowing the gilded hare

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 10, 2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “pincushion idea via pinterest”

Anathalia said...

That's really lovely! ANd it doesn't look too complicated. ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Anathalia!

Pussycat Vintage said...

This is so cute Emily!! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Nicole.

Recent Posts