adventures in crayon melting

  I have had the melt-your-own-crayons-into-this-shape-diy pinned for quite a while. I especially loved the heart-shaped ones used for Valentine's Day.
 I began my search for cute-shaped silicone bakeware. After being faked out by a tiki face ice cube tray, I was more careful to make sure that the silicone could withstand baking. The princess castle was the winner. I set my oven to 250 degrees and baked the crayons for about 25 minutes. I let the crayons completely cool in the mould and then pushed them out. Perfect for little fingers!

We also made pizzas out of Italian bread. Spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, spinach, and daiya mozzarella. Yum!

What are you doing/did you do on your lazy Sunday? Monday is coming too soon, once again.

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “adventures in crayon melting”

Unknown said...

ok the crayon melted castle is WAY cool. my lazy Sunday was seriously wonderful...except that it's back to work Monday now! boo

Unknown said...

Thanks! Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with it being Monday either. The good news now? We got through it!

Anathalia said...

Oh, the crayons are really cute! I love it! :) My Sunday wasn't lazy at all and I'm still paying for that (so, so tired! lol) Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Anathalia! Best wishes on catching up on sleep!

Recent Posts