the end of google reader


Word on the internet is that Google Reader is being retired as of July 1st. Say what? I use it multiple times per day to catch up on all my blog friends' posts and I find it easy, since I already use Blogger to write my posts in the first place. I can check my blog stats and read blog posts at the same time. I am truly annoyed that Reader will be discontinued, as I am generally a fan of Google products.

If indeed it does retire (even after the outcry of die-hard Reader fans), I am going to be using Bloglovin' more. I had signed up a while back and don't use it much...because...well...Google Reader is already built into my Blogger account...anyway, I will use it more to follow blogs that I love once the retirement date nears.

I encourage you to use Bloglovin' (or another RSS equivalent) to continue reading Turt&Elephant (or whatever name I choose to move forward with in the future) and I will do the same for you.
Follow on Bloglovin

This entry was posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “the end of google reader”

Amber D said...

I read you with bloglovin!

Unknown said...

I read about it and was shocked. I immediately ask friends what they used and was convinced bloglovin is the best option. It was pretty easy to convert, since it syncs with Google Reader, but I confess I'm having a hard time getting used to it... I will miss Google Reader!

Unknown said...

I will definitely miss Reader! Glad you're using Bloglovin' too. We will get used to it sooner or later!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Amber!

Recent Posts