adventures with natural dye

After seeing many DIYs on natural dyeing on Pinterest and various blogs I follow, I came across Chelsey's post about natural dyes. For some reason, I decided at that point that I would try it. I don't know if it was because I already had all of the ingredients mentioned in the blog or it was the gorgeous lamp shade that she made. Either way, I decided to go for it. Although I'm not a big fan of ombre, I knew I could have fun with dyeing my fabric a solid color. The link to the instructions are here at Chelsey's blog the Paper Mama. Here is some photographic evidence of my adventures:

turmeric soup
the turmeric onesie
boiling the tea towel, pre-dye
tea towel, post-dye
I've been very impressed with the vibrant color that comes out of this dyeing process. Way to go, Mother Nature!

One of these days I will post "real" photos again, but I cannot promise when. I have been loving Instagram a whole lot lately.

This entry was posted on Monday, November 12, 2012 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “adventures with natural dye”

Amber said...

I've been wondering about natural dyes myself let me know how color fast they are!

Recent Posts