autumnal weekend fun

On Friday, I was only able to make it half of the day at work before I couldn't walk anymore and had to lay with my feet elevated due to an allergic reaction. I anticipated the whole weekend to be that way, but thankfully I was wrong.
 When I could finally move again, I tried my luck at some grocery shopping. On my way around, I spotted a stand on the side of the road with pumpkins. I had refused to buy one from a grocery store this year, so I was thrilled to find this stand. Look at these gigantic pumpkins!
 When I got home from grocery shopping, I still felt pretty good so I took Tater on a walk around town. We went into one of our favorite antique/consignment shops (Tater's favorite because she gets treats and mine because of the items). How cute is this collection of owls? I wish I hadn't already bought two on Etsy! And that glass on the side...I haven't seen one like that!
 Hanging bats, also in the fave store.
 The top of my perfect pumpkin. I'll clean it up and it will be ready to carve.
 I found a jewelry holder on my travels this weekend. There were a few variations with different birds and stand bases but I liked the look of the owls (noticing a theme here) on this one. I had a bowl-shaped one previously and the necklaces would get tangled together.
 I started setting up the decorations my uncle bought me. I love this cat.
 I took Tater for a walk today on a trail. Fall is definitely here. We had hoped to go to a doggy halloween party, but it was rescheduled due to the rain.
 Such a bright leaf.
I started a new project this weekend. I have been thinking about it for a while and it suddenly came together. After free-handing the acorn silhouette, I cut it out and placed it on burlap. Now begins the fun needlepoint details. I can't wait to show you all the progress as I work on it. It has been a while since I have done needlepoint and I forgot that it is not quickly finished.

How was your weekend?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Recent Posts