Christmas Crafts

Yesterday, I had decided that I would make something new for my shop. Unfortunately, this is the day my sewing machine decided to jam and after a couple frustrating hours, I decided to leave it be. My next craft I tackled was much more successful.

From http://www.etsy.com/listing/61802441/natural-paper-star-urchin-christmas
From http://www.etsy.com/listing/59478142/paper-harvest-decoration-natural
I had been admiring these polish star/sea urchin ornaments for some time but could not quite justify the expense of buying one (let alone enough for my tree). I scoured the internet for directions to make my own. The first that I happened upon was from a Disney Fun site of which I could not make sense. I chalked it up to being a difficult craft. Then, I happened upon this YouTube video that explained it so well:


After watching this video, I successfully completed my first polish star ornament on Sunday.

After I had cut out 12 circles and cut 8 wedges out of each.


The stars after folding and gluing the segments around a pencil tip. 

Stacked up

Pulled tight into an ornament.
They seem fabulous! I now have two of them and hope to make a third tonight.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 12, 2011 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “Christmas Crafts”

Amber D said...

Cute I might make these in a larger version before our family Christmas dinner, that is if I can find the time....

Unknown said...

That will be fun!

Recent Posts