fabric window diy

Here is part of my kitchen. There is a little window with some neat glass in it. What is outside of the window? A staircase. A loud, echoey staircase that myself and two other neighbors use. They can't really see me through it, but I still feel like I don't have much privacy in my kitchen, you know? So I thought I would work at covering it up.

Here you can see this window in relation to part of my kitchen. (And no, it's not my choice to have those farm decals be up on the wall! I just can't reach them to take them down.)
Here is what you need:

  1. Fabric of your choice
  2. Cardboard
  3. Fabric glue
  4. Fabric scissors (not pictured)
  5. Box cutter
Be sure to measure the area of the window that you wish to fill with the cardboard. Then measure again to make sure. Next, cut it out with the box cutter. Once you've reached that stage...


Yes, have your dog lay on everything before you cut out the fabric. Once she moves and you're able to cut the fabric to fit the cardboard (with a little overlap so the fabric doesn't uncurl), use the fabric glue to glue the fabric to the cardboard. I assume you could use other glue as well, but this is the one that I used.
And…wa-lah! Fabric privacy window! Push that baby into your window and you're good to go!

What projects have you been up to this week?

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 23, 2014 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Recent Posts