another visit to nyc and some crafts

 I went to visit Ryan again last weekend. It was so fabulous to see him and since it was President's Day Weekend, I could spend an extra day there. We walked through most of Central Park this time.
 This is how I think of it.
 We also went to Coney Island and Brighton Beach. Two of my favorite areas. I look forward to traveling again. Work may have me there next month and I'd love to see Ryan again.
 This past weekend, we had another winter storm roll through and I planned to stay indoors and work on crafts and shop orders. Above features one of the custom shop orders. I need to practice a bit more with my embroidery technique, but so far it is pretty fun.
I started making my own wood stain this weekend too. Vinegar and a copper scouring pad. Once I remembered that copper needs to oxygenate to turn colors, it got a whole lot more interesting. What will I do with this wood stain? Well, I intend to make a few embroidery hoop projects and I want to use the stain to color the wooden hoops. Looking forward to the experiment!


I also photographed an upcycled circle scarf for the shop. You can find it available here.

What did you do with your weekend?

This entry was posted on Monday, February 25, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Recent Posts