Gift guide for Mother's Day

Hi folks!

Way back when, I would make gift guides and share them on my blog. Lately, I've been thinking of doing that again, especially while looking at so many items for thank you gifts at my wedding. Most items I will hold off  sharing until after the wedding in June so I don't spoil any surprises beforehand. However, with Mother's Day coming up, I thought would share a few of my favorite things I've considered for the mothers in my life. For this list I browsed through aftcra, which is an online marketplace for handmade goods made only in the USA. Each picture is clickable to go to the listing where you can purchase the handmade item.


My parents recently had parts of their house remodeled and I thought this custom embroidery hoop would be something to celebrate that. You send in a photo of the front of the house and can request any special features to be highlighted, whether you want the shrubbery in, or not, etc. With all of this work, the custom order only takes 1-2 weeks which I find amazingly fast. Check out Thistle and Thread Design when you're ready for your own custom house portrait.


Mosaics tend to catch my eye and this coaster set was no exception. I couldn't believe how many tiny pieces of stained glass were fit into each coaster. What mini-masterpieces! Each coaster is 4 inches x 4 inches and can come in sets of 2, 4, 6, etc. Check out Earth Mother Mosaics when you get the chance--you won't be disappointed!


One of the things that I have been contemplating for my wedding is driftwood signs. I thought it might be a nice keepsake for my parents to have one to take home with them. I'm impressed with the uniqueness and custom nature of this driftwood sign by Destination Tree. You can get a group of them like this together or simply one AND you can request a custom engraved message on each one.


My mom always says that a piece of her heart is with me. This necklace from Like Mother Like Daughter Hand-Stamped Jewelry demonstrates just that. The necklaces are made of sterling silver and you can choose the length that you would like--18", 20" and 24".

 Western Art Glass

My mother loves stained glass and reused items and this mobile fits the bill! Can you believe those gorgeous leaves are made from an up-cycled glass bottle? Shop Western Art Glass has really outdone themselves with this piece.


This gorgeous Glass Encased Fabric Necklace by Themis and Thread encapsulates so many of my and my mother's favorite things--blue, hand embroidery and silver. To make this even more amazing, it is a double sided necklace. The paisley flower pattern is so sweet to me.


And of course who could leave out this mug from Mini Masterpieces AZ? To relax, my mom and I would pull out pajamas and put on a show to watch while drinking tea.  For easy cleanup, this 11 ounce mug can even go in the dishwasher.

I hope this post generates more ideas for Mother's Day gifts this year. Consider showing USA makers some love by purchasing gifts through Aftcra this year. 

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 9, 2016 and is filed under ,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Recent Posts